Some interesting facts about Samsung Digital City
Samsung Headquarter or Samsung Digital City is located at Suwon, 13 Miles south of Seoul, South Korea. All Galaxy series smartphones, curved UHD TV and other Samsung gadgets are designed here. Thousands of talented scholors from around the world work here and is considered as a brain of Samsung. Here are some interesting facts about Samsung Digital City.
- Samsung Digital City is spread over 390 acres of land and more than 35,000 employees work here. It consists of 4 sky scrappers each with 38 storey and many other smaller buildings. Beside office and research labs, it has guest houses, food courts, child care center and many others.
- Samsung Digital City provides free health service to its employees.
- Samsung Headquarter has a heliport and offers a stand by helicopter to transport its employee in emergency.
- It has more than 500 shuttle buses to transport its employee that goes to more than 100 different destinations.
- Samsung Digital City offers a child care center capable of 1000 children of its employees children. More than 150 teachers and baby sitters take care of them.
- Samsung follows “Work Smart” concept for its employees. Employees can attend office any time before 6:00 PM and work at any comortable time shift, but have to work specified work hours.
- Samsung Digital City Campus has 10 basketball courts, 4 badminton courts, 3 football ground, 2 baseball ground, rock climbing walls and many more.
- It has a Anechoic Chamber that eliminates all other audio, magnetic fields, electric ratiation for perfect smartphone sound testing.
- Samsung Digital City has a museum too which is called Samsung Innovation Museum. It showcases the development of various electronic industries and devices since last 3 centuries.
- More than 70,000 employees work in Samsung R&D worldwide, quater of which worked in Samsung Digital City.
- More than 72,000 plates of lunches / breakfasts / dinners are served free in the food court at the Samsung Headquarter. It has around 100 dishes in the menu.
- Employees at Samsung have formed more than 600 clubs related to sports, photography, personal development etc.