15 Interesting Tech Industry Facts
- In 2010, the US Air Force built a supercomputer out of 1700 Playstation 3s.
- Apple doesn’t ship its products; they all fly first class.
- More Nintendo DS units have been sold than iPhones.
- 30% of Google’s employees are women.
- When a secretary at Apple was late because of car trouble, Steve Jobs gave her a Jaguar and said, “Don’t be late anymore.”
- It would take a month of your time out of every year to read all the “terms and conditions” statements that you have accepted.
- Adding “gif” before the word “Youtube” in the URL allows you to create your own gif with the video.
- The official Twitter account of Sweden is given to a random Swedish citizen every week to manage.
- Google is givinga $20 million prize to any private team that can land on the Moon by December 31, 2016.
- The game “Clash of Clans” makes more than $1 million a day.
- Every day, 16% of the searches that occur are ones that Google has never seen before.
- A software company once hid a $1000 prize in its Terms of Service, after 5 months and over 3,000 sales, the prize was finally claimed.
- A teenager once secretly lived in AOL’s headquarters for two months, the security guards assumed he was simply working late.
- PewDiePie makes over $8 million USD a year purely off his YouTube channel.
- Security researcher Charlie Miller used a flaw in Safari to break into a MacBook in under 10 seconds.
You may also like...